19 January 2010

Yesterday




a stranger walked by me and said "hey. wake up."

and now I'm here. Left to think. Am I dreaming?
Is this all a dream?

Maybe I'm still...well I can't think of a better term than "honey moon phase" of me moving. Maybe I am completely blinded by all that is good thats come that I'm ignoring reality.

Maybe thats a bad thing.
But all I can say is good. I don't want to wake up if I'm dreaming.
I'm the happiest I've ever been.

I know for so many people in this world, their dream is to pack up and move.
To a new city where absolutely no one knows their name. Their background.
To make a whole new life for yourself, when you get sick of the old one.

Is that wrong?
I like being wrong.

New job. New friends. New everything.
I love waking up. Riding my bike downtown. Getting starbucks. People watching. Getting winded going up these massive inclines. This cold weather. My new room. My job. The people at my job. The people I meet everyday. Getting to know so many new people. So many people getting to know me. I am genuinely happy here.

Its been a month. I haven't missed Texas one time.
So you know what stranger?

No.

I don't want to wake up.