19 September 2010

to, you.


because now it's never you

sleeping with one eye open

with my head on your pillow &
my feet on your carpet.

your hand on my heart &
your thoughts in my mind.

our love grows like trees,
like vines on my spine.
the freckles sprinkled on my shoulder blades
are your afternoon rainstorms.

your floral patterned retinas
reflected into my watercolor stained mirrors.

& I can't wait for the next 56.
so we grow mad together.

screaming our love across libraries, riding on the back of orca whales from state to state.

quilted hearts and colored cabinets
they way your footprints echo on the hardwood floor
the smell of our coffee in the morning with the sunshine
peeking through
the crease in your arm.

you know I'll never be satisfied with whats shown.
but I'll forever be satisfied with whats been given.


we will always be lost.

but now we will be lost together.

and I'm not scared.


we aren't stuck in this labyrinth anymore, thinking about how we will escape.
using the future to escape the present.


i was never ever enough.
but i can try, oh can i try.

there's so much happiness and longing for what you are.
there's no way to thank you for saving me.










No comments: