24 August 2010

space shuttle mission


never once.
don't do it.
i'm telling you don't do it.

you search for words.
i keep searching for meaning.
this feeling behind my chest as my air pollutes my vision.

like oil in the ocean.
breaking the surface.
like air from your lungs.
roaring from my veins.

the elephants charge up and down my nightstand.
the owls fly towards my ceiling.
you can't get out.
but you can get it.

it's not the same.
but it will be.
one day.
one day the tide will come in and it will act as if it never went out.

that day the ocean will forget who it truly is.

it will forget its purpose.

and elephants will run to the surface.
and they will cry.
and we will watch.
we will stand and watch.

our hope malfunctioned
we all reached and we fell.
seven.
we bid you goodbye.



No comments: