07 November 2009

ignore this.

The only thing I've ever wanted to hear from my parents is that they are proud of me.

I've grown, all on my own.

Never once did my parents tell me not to drink, do drugs, or not have sex.
Never did my parents have any desire to raise me in a christian home.

Today, almost 19 years of age, I am a strong believer of God, I do not drink, I do not do drugs, and I have never had sex.

Never have I once heard "Jessica, I'm proud of you."

Please never listen to your parents when they tell you you're worthless. Never listen to your father when he calls you stupid and tells you that going to college is a dumb idea. Never listen to your alcoholic mother when she calls you fat and questions your sexual preference just because it is your choice to not be in a relationship. You are beautiful. You are a child of God. You can do anything you set your mind to. Never doubt yourself. Never think of yourself as a lesser being. We are all equal and we all have the power to change the world. Others negative words should never put you down when you have the heart to do anything you want to do. Never think less of yourself when your father tells you to step out of his life because he loves his new wife more than you. Never conform to society when they tell you you're stupid for what you believe in.

I will never live the way you want me to live.
I will always live the way I want to live.
I will never listen to what you think is best for me.
I know what it is best for me.

I know me. And you don't know me at all.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

agreed. just like i said yesterday or whatever on my post.
i completely agree.